Understanding Our Internet Marketing Strategy!
The Google puzzle...What is most important?
Ranking on Google is clearly more than just Page Rank and inbound links. Creating a website ensuring the pages will rank well is a little like doing a jigsaw puzzle. You need to get all the pieces together and assemble them so that you can see the full picture.
Fortunately the Google Puzzle has very few pieces and Sync will organzie them for you:
1. Site Structure should be set up to maximize Page Rank to the important pages. In addition, related pages should reference each other via text link. Creating a basic silo style site will make this easier, since pages in the same “category” can be more easily linked together, especially if you are using Wordpress to build your site.
2. Content should be of a high quality so that it attracts links. The content should be well-themed around the main idea, concept or phrase you are targeting. This will ensure your page is seen as valuable enough to include in Google’s Authority Set, as well as rank for hundreds of long tail phrases.
3. As the competition of your target words and phrases increases, you will need to do more work to rank for the word or phrase. While the points above will give you a huge advantage over 99% of webmasters, you still need to work at the more competitive phrases. Quality inbound links are necessary and they need to be on related pages (preferably on authority sites). However, since you have completed parts one and two above, as you work away at getting those links, your page is likely to attract targeted traffic for the long-tail relating to that topic. It’s kind of like having your cake and eating it.
4. One area that is seriously overlooked by most of the competition is original content creation and distribution. We use the phrase "content distribution" in a very broad sense. Content is everything from video and press releases to directory submissions. Continuously creating and submitting "content" is key to rankings. Why? Because every time a piece of content is distributed it give you a link back to your site. After time this adds up and give your site relevance in the eyes of Google.
5. Social Media is now a big part of the puzzle. Without it you will not rank for a competitve keyword. Keeping on top of what Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Digg, etc are doing and how it effects your SEO is a monster job. Sync Online Media will take on this challenge so you dont have to. Let Sync be your online marketing department.
Ranking Is An Ongoing Effort
Doing everything right on your site can result in fast rankings. I am sure you have seen videos demonstrating this. But do those fast rankings last? Certainly the page may come in and then go out of Google’s index only to return a few days later, but what happens over time to a well-ranked page?
From our experience, two things are likely to cause your page to drop down the listings. One of these things will even result in your page being removed altogether.
There will always be competitors
The first thing is competitors. When new, better optimized pages come along, they can move ahead of you, so you naturally drop down the rankings. To combat this, you may need to get more links pointing to your page assuming you have done everything you can with the on-page stuff.
Without constant attention and maintenance over time your pages will slowly dropped down the rankings. However, at some point you will not continue dropping and finally disappear like...some pages do.
Content, Content, Content...nothing poor please!
The second, more serious problem that can see your page drop down & out is poor content. It is common for new pages to rank quickly, and quite well. However, as Google starts factoring in the various parts of its algorithm, that page will show its true colors to Google, and Google will award it appropriately – by dropping it down the listings.
Content maintenance is needed on your site to ensure there is always fresh, new, relevant information that Google thinks is worth sharing with the rest of the world.